The Gama Lobo Palace was built by Manuel da Gama Lobo, around the year 1760, having only been finished in 1875. On the façade, above the portal, one can see the Lobo coat of arms, consisting of the helmet and a group of 6 wolves facing the right side. The City Council acquired the space in 1984. After rehabilitation works, it was inaugurated on June 1, 2019.
The building is now the headquarters of Loulé Criativo, a territorial development project of the Loulé City Council, which focuses on enhancing local identity, promoting culture and heritage in its relationship with the contemporary and it operates as a Knowledge, Crafts and Arts Space.